- Used to remove hardness causing ions (Calcium and Magnesium), which if not removed form scales.
- Strong acid Cation exchange resin in Sodium form is used for softening the water.
- Cation resin has a negative functional group and therefore attracts positively charged Calcium and Magnesium ions.
- Raw Water is passed through Softener
- Strong acid Cation exchange resin in Sodium form exchange sodium ions for the hardness causing calcium and magnesium ions
- When the resin gets exhausted, it is regenerated with Sodium Chloride (brine) solution.
- Boiler feed water
- Chemical & Textile Industries process water.
- Hospitals, Residential & Commercial applications
- Water power plants & Other wide range of applications